Before You Hire a Podcast Editor, Read This!Podcaster Pros
When you sound professional, you are making a big statement. Let us give you more time to focus on the important things like delivering even more great content to your audience. If you want to improve the quality of your show and gain and retain listeners, you should use a professional editing service.
Podcast editing services not only elevate the overall sound of your podcast but can also increase listener retention rate. Podcast editing doesn’t have to be overly expensive. We offer a variety of editing plans and can tailor them to fit your specific needs. We don’t just offer audio editing services, we offer comprehensive solutions that allow you to be the podcaster that you know you can be. You will soon discover that our pros will give you more time and cut out stress.
The problem for most podcasters? Starting a podcast is easy; creating great content consistently is really hard. Most podcasts are short-lived as the stark reality sets in and the hard work mounts. The most time-consuming part of the whole thing is the editing and audio production.
When evaluating the benefits of hiring a professional podcast editing service, there are a number of things to take into consideration.
What are the credentials of the editing service?
Do they provide real client examples and testimonials to demonstrate the provider’s success? How many years of experience do their audio experts have? Do they have experience in the industry, and are they familiar with major industry applications and technology? LEARN MORE>>
Products and Services.
Obviously, the most important thing to look at is the products and services offered. Are they just an editor or can they offer services that will complement each other? Do they only focus on one specific service? Or do they offer many services including intros, voice-over, transcription, and consulting? Look for an editing service provider that offers a range of different services in order to streamline integration, simplify management and support your business as it expands and evolves. With the right expertise, technology, and services in place, you can achieve it. LEARN MORE>>
If you go to their website, can you find any client resources? Many editing service providers will have resources that you can use to educate yourself. These may include a blog, case studies, breaking podcasting news articles on their social media pages, and/ or custom client portals. LEARN MORE>>
Some editing services offer an error-free guarantee. If a mistake is made, these companies will correct the error for no additional cost. It is also important each company can assure that your project will be completed by date and time promised. LEARN MORE>>
The bottom line is that there are many different editing service providers out there waiting to help with your podcast needs. Hopefully, this list will give you some starting points to find the best fit for you.
At Podcast Production Pros, we are more than happy to talk to you about your needs and concerns. Please feel free to contact us today with any questions you may have. CONTACT NOW>>
All of our editing packages include:
- Background Noise Reduction: Things like air conditioners, fans, refrigerators, and other appliances can all contribute to what’s called a “Noise Floor” – put simply, this is the actual sound of your room. We can help reduce any background sounds that may distract from the recorded speech in your episode, and increase the overall audio quality and professionalism of your show.
- Mistake/Segment Removal: Mistakes happen, and the beauty of producing a show that isn’t live is that you can fix them after the fact. We’ll take care of removing any mistakes, or intentional areas that you intended to be removed, in a smooth and seamless manner.
- Audio Enhancement/Sweetening: In a perfect world, every podcast would be recorded in a state of the art studio with proper acoustic treatment and microphone technique – we realize this isn’t the case in reality, so we’ll enhance your audio no matter how you record it, to do things like remove room echo, adjust equalization, remove mouth clicks and pops, and eliminate distracting artifacts like plosives and sibilants.
- Audio Level Matching: Often times when recording multiple different people in different locations, through different methods, the resulting audio may be inconsistent in regards to volume levels. This can detract from the overall listening experience. We will make sure that the volume of all speakers is consistent, no matter how they were recorded.
- Detailed Mistake Editing/Removal: Even if you are aiming for a looser, more casual vibe with your show, things like excessive pauses and use of words like “umm” and “ahh” can be distracting over the course of your podcast and contribute to an amateurish sound. We will comb through the entire episode to tighten up all speech and remove things like unnecessary “umms” “aahs” “likes” etc… tighten up any long pauses or gaps in speech, remove fumbles and repetitions, and clean up spots where multiple people speak over each other.